Wednesday, February 18, 2009

sun after the rain

it's hard to stay grumpy in los angeles. even though it's been raining here off and on for too many days. and the heat in our apartment is only sometimes working. and it's february, the dreariest month of the year, agh.

but even after it rains all day, the sky here clears up just before the sun sets. and in that moment, you get the most gorgeous views: blue skies, soft clouds, golden rays, and a glimpse of the snow-capped mountains that surround the urban jungle of LA.




hope your days are ending with a little bit of sunshine.

listening to: for beginners by m.ward ( listen)

:: photos from lillieinthecity / flickr

4 comments:

  1. mmmm so gorgeous! i absolutely adore la's crazzzy skies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. It made my day happy. Making lists is addicting I think.

    And funny that you wrote about the skies and mountains in L.A. cause I just did the same about Utah on my blog! :)!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lillie,
    i saw your post on katy elliot's blog about my paintings of maine so i checked out your blog. what a surprise to see you were "from" LA where i lived for 16 years until 2 years ago....your photos made me miss it and my friends even more. and, my friend's daughter used to call me "katy in the city" and so i smiled to see your blog name.
    :)
    katy allgeyer

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous photos! Reminds me of visiting my brother when he lived in Hermosa Beach. He lived on a hill that looked similar and there was this fantastic coffee shop at the base of the hill.

    ReplyDelete