with thanksgiving around the corner, my brain flashes forward to the full-fledged holiday season. christmas carols start to ring in my ears (they are already playing them in the streets). red becomes the color of the moment. i am thinking about family, friends, buffets of food, egg nog, and gift giving galore...
i am already working on my recipe book project for all the 20(and30)-somethings on my list...but there are so many more projects that i'd like to work on. cards to create, projects to brainstorm, crafts to make.
and there are so many more places that i'd like to explore to find Just The Right Thing for so-and-so. here are a few online shops that i want to take advantage of:
- the curiosity shop with it's quirky mix of fun & useful
- uncommon goods for the more-than-ordinary
- elseware to support awesomely independent design
- kiosk, the eclectic seasonal mix of imported goodies
- threepotatofour, one of many little online shops to scour
- reform school and other local LA shops
- and all of etsy for surprising finds
- thisnext, maybe a little super consumerism, but it's got spark
- mighty goods, a daily dose of interesting online finds
[photo of xmas06 from myflickr]